> When you're working in a team, it helps to have a code formatter to enforce
standard formatting across developers.

Yeah, that makes a lot of sense! See, I didn't think of that but, I guess manully formatting for me, has made me a better programmer. When I was thinking of code formatters, I am from the flash dreamweaver area. So there was not comment manipulation etc.

So as far as those thing are concerned, yeah a code/comment formatter would help. Maybe with options not to touch the 'formatting' but could parse comments. This would save a lot of time.

though it could be
interesting trying to format code within mxml files.

Why?, if you were say parsing the mxml as xml, then slice out the AS, format it, then push it back into the xml.

This is what I do with my document generator in AS3/mxml.

Peace, Mike