Von: flexcoders@yahoogroups.com im Auftrag von Alexander Tsoukias
Gesendet: Mi 05.04.2006 22:19
An: flexcoders@yahoogroups.com
Betreff: [flexcoders] Re: GENERAL actionscript question

Yes and I still get it. here is what I have in my code:

        import mx.managers.PopUpManager;
        import flash.net.Responder;
        import mx.rpc.remoting.RemoteObject;
        import flash.events.Event;
        import mx.events.ValidationResultEvent;
        import Members;

public function checkEmailExists():void {
      srv.checkEmail({email:userEmailInput.text});
}

public function handleCheckEmailExists(event):void{
          if (event.result == 'TRUE'){
            submitSignup.enabled = false;
            }   else {
            submitSignup.enabled = true;

<mx:RemoteObject id="srv" destination="ColdFusion"
        source="CFIDE.samples.palcafe.CF.MembersDAO"
        showBusyCursor="true">
<mx:method name="checkEmail" result="handleCheckEmailExists
(event)" />
</mx:RemoteObject>

Again... this works, but that message still appears in the problems
panel when I compile...
"parameter 'event' has no type declaration.

Weird huh?
!A

--- In flexcoders@yahoogroups.com, "Jignesh Dodiya" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
wrote:

> Have u imported flash.net.Responder or  import
mx.rpc.remoting.RemoteObject.
> Not sure for CF but it generally required when u use remoting with
AMF...

> On 4/6/06, Alexander Tsoukias <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> >
> > Hi Kelly,
> >
> > As always u got it right.
> >
> > It works fine ;-) but I am getting this error in the compile
panel
> > "parameter 'event' has no type declaration"
> >
> > and its talking about this line:
> > public function handleCheckEmailExists(event){
> >
> > I even tried it like this:
> > public function handleCheckEmailExists(event):void{
> >

> > Any ideas?
> >
> > Thanks,
> > Alex
> >

> > --- In flexcoders@yahoogroups.com, "Kelly @ Dekayd Media Inc."
> >
> > <dekayd@> wrote:
> > >
> > > Unless something has changed in Flex 2 that I am not aware of,
you
> > need to
> > > define a result handler for Remote Object call and do the
check in
> > there.
> > >
> > > RO Calls are asynchronous.
> > >
> > > Something like:
> > >
> > > public function checkEmailExists():void {
> > >       srv.checkEmail({email:userEmailInput.text});
> > > }
> > >

> > > public function handleCheckEmailExists(event){
> > >           if (event.result == 'true'){
> > >             submitSignup.enabled = true;
> > >             }   else {
> > >             submitSignup.enabled = false;
> > >           }
> > > }
> > >

> > > And in your Remote Object tag:
> > >
> > > <mx:method name="checkEmail" result="handleCheckEmailExists
> > (event)" />

==
> > > true){
> > >             submitSignup.enabled = true;
> > >             }   else {
> > >             submitSignup.enabled = false;
> > >             }
> > >   }
> > >

> > > Is this correct? It doesn't seem to work.
> > >

> > > --
> > >

> > --
40yahoogroups.com

> >     [EMAIL PROTECTED]<flexcoders-