> TREE STRUCTURE. So can you explain me why Timer extends EventDispatcher. Can you imagine TREE STRUCTURE of
 > Timers???

You lost me. Timer uses EventDispatcher so that it can dispatch timer events. There is no implication of any structure. There are certainly features of EventDispatcher that are not used by Timer, but there is no cost, and I'd much prefer inheritance over a mixin. Adding dispatcher capabilities via composition would be more costly for both memory and performance.

>.1.
It's based on string identifiers. Because of this
> a.        It's slow

Do you have any evidence to back that up? Strings are convenient for a number of reasons. In particular for debugging.

> b.
You don't know for real types of events that object can dispatch.

I agree with that. In my own code, I keep constants on the class that does the dispatching, rather than event class. However, it isn't always so straightforward - for example where events can bubble, the events that an object can dispatch are based on what children are added at runtime.

> c.
You can't use code-inside in editor for access events.

I don't know what you mean here...

Peter

On 4/6/06, Maxym <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

Yeah, I can.

DOM Specification: The first goal is the design of an event system which allows registration of event listeners and describes event flow through a tree structure.

TREE STRUCTURE. So can you explain me why Timer extends EventDispatcher. Can you imagine TREE STRUCTURE of Timers???

For real there are many bad things in this event model:

1.        It's based on string identifiers. Because of this

a.        It's slow

b.        You don't know for real types of events that object can dispatch.

c.        You can't use code-inside in editor for access events.

2.        EventDispatcher and IEventDispatcher have too much extra functionality that will be used only for visual objects.

3.        If you want to dispatch events and you can't extend EventDispatcher you have to duplicate (do you know some AOP concepts) it's logic (at least one time) and implement IEventDispatcher.

4.        I can say more but I'm tired of typing…