Are you trying to contact the CF event gateway, or a normal endpoint
like a CFC for RemoteObject?

-----Original Message-----
From: flexcoders@yahoogroups.com [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On
Behalf Of a1111111111111
Sent: Saturday, April 08, 2006 7:18 PM
To: flexcoders@yahoogroups.com
Subject: [flexcoders] FDS and Remoting

So I'm trying to get FDS sending messages to ColdFusion remoting. I am
able to receive messages just fine from CF. I'm attempting to do this
with the following:

private function sendMessage():void {
var message: mx.messaging.messages.AsyncMessage = new AsyncMessage();
message.body = 'hello word'; producer.send(message);
mx.controls.Alert.show('sent'); }

<mx:Producer id="producer" destination="ColdFusionGateway"
resendAttempts="0" acknowledge="acknowledgeHandler(event)"
fault="faultHandler(event)"/>

But, now I get the following error from FDS:

Unable to contact the RMI registry on host 127.0.0.1:8500 to look for
gateway flexGateway: java.rmi.ConnectIOException: error during JRMP
connection establishment...

Anyone have any idea what I need to tweak in the xml files to get this
working?