We use ANT, Tomcat, Subversion and the mxmlc compiler.  Effectively we
do exactly what you are asking about.

We store the Java. JSP. HTML, images, everyhing in source control.  We
then have multiple ANT tasks to manage doing

-compilation of both Java and the MXML
-packaging into JARs WAR etc
-deployment of these collections into the application server

We have tiers of ANT tasks which cascade together into larger units of
work.  So I might be able to build just one subsection, which then can
be rolled up into a packaging, which then can be rolled up into a
deployment, which then can roll up into one uber task that builds
deploys and configures an entire server.

Today on our projects almost code goes from source control into a
running server without some well known task doing it.  This is how we
build our RIAs.

--
Dave Wolf
Cynergy Systems, Inc.