1. you should assign ArrayCollection instead of Array as a dataProvider to controls, cuase Array won't broadcast any event hence modelChangedHandler() inside controls will never get triggered.

 (btw, use this:  var arc:ArrayCollection = new ArrayCollecion(array) to turn an Array into ArrayCollection)

2. other questions are related to UID inside the object, each item inside the List control need a unique id (which can be set by UID utility at runtime) to be identified, if you implement IUID interface, every thing gonna be fine.

From: flexcoders@yahoogroups.com [mailto:flexcoders@yahoogroups.com] On Behalf Of Oriol Gual
Sent: Wednesday, April 12, 2006 4:49 PM
To: flexcoders@yahoogroups.com
Subject: [flexcoders] List dataProvider bug?

Hi all,

If I set the dataProvider of a mx:List to an array, the list isn't updated when the array is modified, and also, if there are two or more equal items, only one can be selected (this last one I don't know if it is a bug, because a combobox behaves equally).

Another one that I don't know when it's produced, is when the mouse goes over it shows an error such as: null has no properties.

Sorry if that was already submitted or if I'm doing something wrong and it's not a bug.

Oriol.