are you using your textinput as the cell renderer ie

<mx:DataGridColumn columnName="rptPricesOper"
cellRenderer="yourTextInput"/>

if so, you can do add a setValue function to your textinput and as
mentioned, use listOwner and getcellIndex to get the colName eg

add following code to your script block
<mx:Script>
var colName;
var listOwner : Object;
var getCellIndex : Function;
var getDataLabel : Function;

function setValue(str:String, item:Object, selection:String ):Void
{
 colName = listOwner.getColumnAt(getCellIndex().columnIndex);
}

Check out flex2. its made for this kind of thing

regards
bod

--- In flexcoders@yahoogroups.com, "Ault, Gary - BLS"