From: flexcoders@yahoogroups.com [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On
Behalf Of Dave Wolf
Sent: Tuesday, April 11, 2006 8:38 PM
To: flexcoders@yahoogroups.com
Subject: [flexcoders] Re: um, where is my session?

I think its too simplistic to think you can always store all state in
the RIA.  The problem is it makes an assumption that the application
is very homogenous.  I think you will find that over time these more
complex applications are a mixture of Flex, Flash and HTML.  The
ability to maintain session state across these elements using a
servant session is going to definately have value.

It is absolutely true that one of the biggest advantages of the RIA is
that you can get away from the primitive page-centric request response
architecture where you have no choice but to maintain state in the
server.

I just want to say I think that the session has real-world value and
we cant just write it off.

--
Dave Wolf
Cynergy Systems, Inc.

Email:  [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Office: 866-CYNERGY

--- In flexcoders@yahoogroups.com, "Dimitrios Gianninas"
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> Well it depends on what you are doing. I don't know if this is your
> first try at building Flex applications or not and if it is, then
> perhaps this explains why you are asking this question. With building
> RIAs you no longer need to maintain the state of the application in
> various session objects as we have all done in the past when using
JSPs
> and such. You can now concentrate everything in a global model object
> (see ModelLocator in Cairngorm) to do this for you.
>
> Perhaps you can give us a quick use-case of what you are doing, and
then
> maybe we can provide any explanations you might need.
>
> Dimitrios Gianninas
> RIA Developer
> Optimal Payments Inc.

On