Hey, this wasn’t a troll! ;-)  No one has any insight or opinion on this…?  Let me add that I’m extremely pleased with beta 2 and at this point I’ve pretty much made up my mind to use it for the project, but if Flash 8.5 ends up being significantly late (eg, later than July), I will probably be roasted over coals…. So … if anyone has any reason to believe that I’m being way too optimistic (foolish), I’d really like to hear sooner than later.

From: flexcoders@yahoogroups.com [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of Tony Pujals
Sent: Wednesday, April 12, 2006 11:09 AM
To: flexcoders@yahoogroups.com
Subject: [flexcoders] Flash 8.5 Release -- Vote of Confidence

I’m starting a new short-term project (6 weeks) for which we would like to use Flex 2. Realizing that it’s risky to bank on it, I’m curious as to how many people feel confident that Adobe will actually release Flash 8.5 in June.  We are simply not going to use Flex 1.5 any more, so the alternative is to not use Flex at all if 8.5 won’t be available by June….

Thanks,

Tony

tony pujals| senior engineer | Yahoo! Webhosting

p. 408.349.6284 | e. tonyp * yahoo-inc * com | y!id tonypujals