hi Ryan,

the best way I can come with now is :

1. in your item renderer's constructor, listens to "dataChange" event, whenever list-based comonents redraws itself, the "data" property inside each item renderer will be called, hence trigger the "dataChange" event.

2. by listening to "dataChange" event, you can check the value inside the VO or object passed in, then let item renderer do the job (bold or un-bold a text or anything else).

there's a well-written chapter in manual about data getter/setter and dataChange event, search for it.

jeremy.