Hey Thanks for wanting to check this out, I'm hoping you can do
something interesting!

The layout toolkits that I'm familiar with are not open-source.

One of the most full-featured, powerful, etc. is ILOG:
http://www.ilog.com/products/jviews/

It's pricey, though.

There's a a similar package from Tom Sawyer Software:
http://www.tomsawyer.com/home/products.php (visualization and layout).
Never used it, but it looks great.

There are a few open-source ones, but I've never used em:
http://www.graphviz.org/About.php

Actually, this one looks really promising:
http://www.jgraph.com

I might look at jgraph some more!

thanks!
Bob

--- In flexcoders@yahoogroups.com, "jeremy lu" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> can you guys provide links to those available java/c++/flash
components ?
> will take a look and see what I can do :-)
>

> On 4/15/06, mark_g_wales <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> >

> > Bob,
> >
> > I asked a similar question a while back - using the term directed
> > graph instead of topology. The short answer was that I couldn't find
> > one written in Flex, but I did find a couple that were Flash-based and
> > provided source code or enough hints that putting it together wasn't
> > that hard.
> >
> > While I can't share mine publicly at this point, I can say that for
> > relatively small volumes of objects, putting Sprites on a UIComponent
> > and using the graphics package to draw lines between them is pretty
> > straightforward if you are willing to undertake coding it yourself.
> >
> > -Mark
> >
> > --- In flexcoders@yahoogroups.com, "bobbrose" <bobbrose@> wrote:
> > >
> > > Hey folks, anyone know of a flex component (3rd party, product, open
> > > source, etc.) for doing topology layout in flex? Something where
I can