I the FDS Hibernate Adaptor will be a hard sell to the Java community.
Aspect Oriented Programming (AOP) is the latest programming buzzword,
but it has come about because coders want to write plain old java
objects (POJOs), and have a framework interject them where they are
needed. This has proven very flexible...I am able to use the same
POJOS within the Spring Framework, Hibernate, my JSPs or a swing app.

We're using Java 5. This means we can use Hibernate Annotations to
define our ORM layer. After working with EJBs without EJBGen and then
working with it, Annotations save so much time and headache, I won't
use XML descriptor files.  The problem with FDS hibernate adaptor is
that if I want to use Annotations, I have to wait for Adobe to release
a version that supports it. Another problem is that I am tying my
persistance layer so closely to FDS, I can only use FDS to access it.
What happens if there is some critical bug in Hibernate that needs to
be fixed. I have to wait for Adobe to release it even though the
Hibernate team has fixed it.

If you've gotten this far, thanks for reading.
-JB

--- In flexcoders@yahoogroups.com, Valy Sivec <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> My understanding is that with FDS at this moment you shouldn't write
any DAO code and just the mapping files should suffice. On the other
hand, are Hibernate features that I don't see how to implement them
with the current Hibernate adapter; might be just me...
>   Anyway, I have chosen to use Java-JDO with Hibernate & Spring and
feel more comfortable about fixing the bugs in the code I can open
than having the bug in the Hibernate adapter. In addition to that
historicaly speaking, I haven't seen any BUG fixes or patches to the
Flex 1.5 and having the bugs fixed only via Flex Support seems to me a
little bit odd. That makes me even more reluctant to adopt Hibernate
Adapter. I hope that in the future Adobe will release the bug fixes in
patches available for everybody.

>   Thanks,
>   Valy
>

> [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:
>   Yep, just curious what functionality Hibernate adapter provides,
> using of java-dao adapter should work fine with Hibernate-based
applications
> tho ;)
>
> Regards,
> Alex

implementation should
> allow you to use Hibernate with much less FDS configuration.
>

> Matt

30+ countries) for 2¢/min or less.