Hmm....

I replaced the service assignment with:
"this.service = parentApplication.myServices.siteDataServices;"

But I get the following error:
"There is no property with the name 'parentApplication'."

Looking at the docs, parentApplication looks like it's intended to
walk up the tree of multiple application nested within themselves.  I
don't think that applys to this case since I only have 1 mxml file
with the <mx:Application> tag.  Please correct me if I've
misunderstood this.

Thanks,
Geoff

--- In flexcoders@yahoogroups.com, "Doug Lowder" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
wrote:

> My guess would be that SDMDelegate's constructor can't access your
> siteDataServices RemoteObject through
mx.core.Application.application.
>  Try "this.service = parentApplication.myServices.siteDataServices"
> instead, or pass the service as a parameter to the constructor as
you
> do with the responder.
>
> Doug
>
> --- In flexcoders@yahoogroups.com, "Geoffrey" <gtb104@> wrote:
> >
> > I've been trying for the last few days to get RemoteObject to
work,
> > but with little luck.  I've searched this site, and have tried to
> > implement the examples found in "developing rich clients with
> > macromedia FLEX".  To make matters more confusing, I've also
tried to
> > implement the command/control/delegate patterns that the above
book
> > advocates.
> >
> > Basically, I think the problem is that I'm not "seeing" the Java
> > classes I've created.  Below are code snippets of (what I think)
are
> [...]
> >     }
> >   }
> >
> > {TOMCAT-HOME}\webapps\flex\WEB-
> > INF\classes\com\foo\test\vo\SiteKeywordVO.class
> >   package com.foo.test.vo;
> >   import java.io.Serializable;
> >   public class SiteKeywordVO implements Serializable {
> >     public String[] keywords;
> >     public void SiteKeywordVO() {
> >         String[] keywords = {"first agr", "second agr", "third
agr"};
> >     }
> >   }
> >
> > ### My RO definition  ###
> > {TOMCAT-HOME}\webapps\flex\services\Services.mxml
> >   <mx:RemoteObject id="siteDataServices"
> >     source="com.foo.test.business.SiteMaintenanceDelegate"
> >     result="event.call.resultHandler(event)"
> >     fault="event.call.faultHandler(event)"
> >     showBusyCursor="true">
> >           <mx:method name="reviewKeywords"/>
> >   </mx:RemoteObject>
> >
> > ### My ActionScript VO ###
> > {TOMCAT-HOME}\webapps\flex\sdm\com\foo\test\vo\SiteKeywordVO.as
> >   class com.foo.test.vo.SiteKeywordVO {
> >     public var keywords:Array;
> >     public var _remoteClass;
> >     public function SiteKeywordVO() {
> >          _remoteClass="com.foo.test.vo.SiteKeywordVO";
> >     }
> >   }
> >
> > ### My testing mxml file ###
> > {TOMCAT-HOME}\webapps\flex\sdm\sdmUnitTest.mxml
> >  <?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?>
> >  <mx:Application xmlns:mx="http://www.macromedia.com/2003/mxml";
> >     xmlns:sdm="sdm.*"
> >     xmlns:services="services.*"
> >     <sdm:SiteDataMaint/>
> >     <services:Services id="myServices"/>
> > </mx:Application>
> >
> > ### My SiteDataMaint component ###
> > {TOMCAT-HOME}\webapps\flex\sdm\SiteDataMaint.mxml
> >   ... //just the script part
> >   <mx:Script>
> >     <![CDATA[
> >     import sdm.business.*;
> >     import sdm.commands.*;
> >     import sdm.control.*;
> >     import com.foo.test.vo.*;
> >     import mx.controls.Alert;
> >     public function initApp() {
> >          var controller = new SDMController;
> >     }
> >     ]]>
> >   </mx:Script>
> >
> > The SDMController class seems to be working correctly.
> >
> > ### My Delegate class ###
> > {TOMCAT-HOME}\webapps\flex\sdm\business\SDMDelegate.as
> >   ... //just the constructor
> >   public function SDMDelegate(responder:Responder) {
> >     this.service =
> > mx.core.Application.application.myServices.siteDataServices;
> >     Dumper.dump(service);
> >     this.responder = responder;
> >   }
> >
> > I think this is where the problem is.  When I dump 'service' (via
> > Flex Trace Panel), I get 'undefined'.
> >
> > I really have no idea where to go from here.  I've tried turning
on
> > all debug stuff, used NetConnectionDebugger, use Flex Trace
Panel...