Here are the console messages from the non-secure amf:

[Flex] Channel endpoint my-amf received request.
[Flex] Deserializing AMF/HTTP request
Version: 3
  (Message #0 targetURI=null, responseURI=/1)
    (Array #0)
      [0] = (Typed Object
#0 'flex.messaging.messages.CommandMessage')
        messageRefType = null
        operation = 6
        correlationId = ""
        headers = (Object #1)
        messageId = "7872E161-B9A4-4841-5F6DFFFFFFFF232B"
        timeToLive = 0
        timestamp = 0
        clientId = null
        body = (Object #2)
        destination = ""

[Flex] Executed command: (default service)
  commandMessage: Flex Message
(flex.messaging.messages.CommandMessage)
    operation = client_ping
    messageRefType = null
    clientId = 233EDFBE-1D0A-4948-4537-EC592DCACD7F
    correlationId =
    destination =
    messageId = 7872E161-B9A4-4841-5F6DFFFFFFFF232B
    timestamp = 1145493517421
    timeToLive = 0
    body = {}
  replyMessage: Flex Message
(flex.messaging.messages.AcknowledgeMessage)
    clientId = 233EDFBE-1D0A-4948-4537-EC592DCACD7F
    correlationId = 7872E161-B9A4-4841-5F6DFFFFFFFF232B
    destination = null
    messageId = 233EDFBE-1D1D-C0FC-936D-FA6B34623DC5
    timestamp = 1145493517421
    timeToLive = 0
    body = null

[Flex] Serializing AMF/HTTP response
Version: 3
  (Message #0 targetURI=/1/onResult, responseURI=)
    (Typed Object #0 'flex.messaging.messages.AcknowledgeMessage')
      destination = null
      headers = (Object #1)
      correlationId = "7872E161-B9A4-4841-5F6DFFFFFFFF232B"
      messageId = "233EDFBE-1D1D-C0FC-936D-FA6B34623DC5"
      timeToLive = 0.0
      timestamp = 1.145493517421E12
      clientId = "233EDFBE-1D0A-4948-4537-EC592DCACD7F"
      body = null

[Flex] Channel endpoint my-amf received request.
[Flex] Deserializing AMF/HTTP request
Version: 3
  (Message #0 targetURI=null, responseURI=/2)
    (Array #0)
      [0] = (Typed Object
#0 'flex.messaging.messages.RemotingMessage')
        source = null
        operation = "authenticateUser"
        headers = (Object #1)
          endpoint = "my-amf"
        messageId = "09226E93-C2DA-A5E4-CCE6FFFFFFFFD97E"
        timeToLive = 0
        timestamp = 0
        clientId = null
        body = (Array #2)
          [0] = (Typed Object
#3 'com.logicseries.services.security.authenticati
on.AuthenticatedUserValue')
            currentLogonDateTime = null
            username = "XXXXXX"
            lastLogonDateTime = null
            password = "XXXXXX"
            invalidLogonAttempts = NaN
            name = null
            profile = "">             authorizedRoles = null
            personId = NaN
        destination = "lsSecurity"

Here are the console messages from the secure amf:

[Flex] Channel endpoint my-secure-amf received request.
#0 'flex.messaging.messages.CommandMessage')
        operation = 6
        messageRefType = null
        correlationId = ""
        messageId = "E41A269A-9553-977E-525AFFFFFFFF3BB0"
        timeToLive = 0
        timestamp = 0
        clientId = null
        body = (Object #1)
        destination = ""
        headers = (Object #2)

[Flex] Serializing AMF/HTTP response
Version: 3
  (Header #0 name=AppendToGatewayUrl, mustUnderstand=false)
    ";jsessionid=c030f64fa6665e267f2d"

  (Message #0 targetURI=/1/onResult, responseURI=)
    (Typed Object #0 'flex.messaging.messages.AcknowledgeMessage')
      destination = null
      headers = (Object #1)
      correlationId = "E41A269A-9553-977E-525AFFFFFFFF3BB0"
      messageId = "2345E298-890B-5740-1E8D-72D6ED468800"
      timeToLive = 0.0
      timestamp = 1.145493705625E12
      clientId = "2345E271-790C-307C-1DE9-1CB848FC58D2"
      body = null

On the non-secure amf channel I get RemotingMessage traces after the
AcknowledgeMessage.  I never get anything on the secure amf channel
after the AcknowledgeMessage.  Any thought???

--- In flexcoders@yahoogroups.com, "Steven Toth" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
wrote:

> Thanks for the notes.  I wasn't aware of the fact that you need to
> specify the context root on the compiler.  I assumed (I know it's
not
> good to assume) that whatever was in the config files in WEB-
INF/flex
> directory of the web app would be loaded and used at runtime.  I
> guess it's based on experiences with other
languages/applications.

> You're summary of the configuration is correct.  I misspoke of JMS
> messages, these are the Command and Remoting Messages, my
apologies.

> I already had the log level turned up, and I do see the Command
and
> Remoting Messages over HTTP, but only one of them over HTTPS (I'm
not
> see the message with the data for the objects being passed back
and
> forth).  I will re-run a test and capture the sets of messages
over
> HTTP and HTTPS and post them here later tonight.
>
> Sorry if I'm not articulating things exactly right, I'm new to
Flex
> and learning as I go.  Thanks again for all your help.
>

> --- In flexcoders@yahoogroups.com, "Peter Farland" <pfarland@>
> wrote:
> >
> > Note that for mxmlc you can provide the context root on the
command
> line
> > with --context.root. Flex Builder needs to make this a little
more
> > obvious for FDS apps.
> >
> > Note that you don't _have_ to compile in configuration
information,
> but
> > if you didn't then you would instead have to programmatically
create
> > your own Channel instance(s) and ensure the channel-id and path
info
> > match the channel endpoint definitions on the server, add them
to a
> > ChannelSet and then set this ChannelSet instance on the client
> > RemoteObject instance (i.e. through the channelSet:ChannelSet
> property).
> > When getting started it should be easier to just point to a
> > configuration file and have the client create all of this for
you so
> > that it matches the server...
> >
> > So, to repeat your setup to you, you have :
> >
> > Flex2 App --> SecureAMFChannel over HTTPS --> Apache with
Connector
> > JRun4 --> FDS 2 Web App
> >

> > Now, your mention of JMS in this setup confuses me from your
> original
> > post... are you using the JMSAdapter on the MessagingService, or
> perhaps
> > trying to do this yourself from RemotingService, or am I missing
> how JMS
> > is involved somewhere else? I'm not familiar with JRun4
connectors
> and
> > Apache nor the JRunProxyService but I know of others who are...
> However,
> > if you're saying that it works over normal HTTP based AMFChannel
> (i.e.
> > non-secure) then something beyond FDS seems wrong.
> >
> > Can you turn on debug level logging in
> > /WEB-INF/flex/flex-enterprise-services.xml and ensure the
Endpoint.*
> > category is being watched and look out for both CommandMessage
> > request/response confirming the channel is connected and then the
> > AsyncMessage or RemotingMessage being sent to whatever service is
> > managing your destination and see whether all of the information
> > arrived?

path '/messagebroker/amf"

> > > The stacktrace indicates it's coming from the
> > > flex.messaging.MessageBroker.getEndPoint
(MessageBroker.java:297).