just set the vScrollPolicy = off  whilst setting the height to what you want.

On 4/20/06, flexabledev <[EMAIL PROTECTED] > wrote:
I have two simple scenarios that I need help with.

1.  I have a Canvas that scales with the Browser window.  On that
Canvas, I have a panel with a "top" and "bottom" layout constraint,
but I need the width to be dynamically calculated based on the width
of the Canvas - X.

2. I have a VBox on the same Canvas. The VBox has a fixed width but
scales scales vertically with the Canvas.  Inside the VBox I have an
embeded Image.  Ideally, I'd like the Image to be vertically cropped
(assuming it's taller than the current height of the VBox) to the
height of the VBox.  Alternately (if it's easier) it could scale to
fill the VBox.  Right now the VBox's height seems to be determined by
the Image, so if I shrink the Browser window to less than the height
of the Image I get Scroll Bars, which I don't want.

ANY help would be greatly appreciated!

j:pn
http://www.lennel.org