From: flexcoders@yahoogroups.com [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of Renaun Erickson
Sent: Saturday, April 22, 2006 12:43 PM
To: flexcoders@yahoogroups.com
Subject: [flexcoders] Re: AMFPHP v.s. HTTPService & PHP ??

I agree with Jesse on the points between the Binary and XML formats.
One of the other down falls of AMFPHP and AS3 right now is that you have to us NetConnection and not a nice RemoteObject component.

Thats not to say the NetConnection wont work in the future, it probably will continue to, but it would be nice to have RemoteObject component in the framework that worked with AMF0 formats.  The flip side is to what for AMFPHP to support the newer AMF3 format and destinations/channels and the RemoteObject component should work as is.  This will come as time goes by so this issue might be mitigated later.

Renaun

--- In flexcoders@yahoogroups.com, "JesterXL" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Out of curiosity, how are you getting records back from an
HTTPService call?
> Using RemoteObject with AMFPHP, you get back a native Array (or
Boolean, or
> String, etc.) where-as everyting with HTTPService is a string?
>
> Secondly, there was a thread either on the AMFPHP list, or at
Patrick's blog

http://www.5etdemi.com/blog/archives/2005/09/hacking-amfphp-into-submission-caching/

http://www.rocketboots.com/blog/index.cfm?mode=entry&entry=D9616C10-E081-51EF-A7A763F48A69FA7B