Have you traced or otherwise debugged the call to formatNumber?  Will it work if the function is in the same file as the labelFunction?  Perhaps it is a scope issue?

Tracy

-----Original Message-----
From: flexcoders@yahoogroups.com [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of Thomas Ott
Sent: Monday, April 24, 2006 5:23 AM
To: flexcoders@yahoogroups.com
Subject: AW: [flexcoders] Re: update Datagrid but stay in edit mode (Flex 1.5)

Ok, I use the dataProvider API method "editField" to update the values. Now I don't have to reassign the dataProvider and the focus is still on one of the cells. So far so good

But the fields, even the one I just edited, stay empty.

I use labelFunctions on the fields to format the numbers

When I use the labelFunction

function lblFuncNumber(item:Object, colName:String, dec:Number):String
{
      return Str.formatNumber(item[colName], dec);

static function formatNumber(value:Object, dec:Number):String
{
      var f:NumberFormatter = new mx.formatters.NumberFormatter();
      f.precision = dec; // Nachkommastellen
      f.thousandsSeparatorTo = "'";

      return f.format(value);
}

the fields are empty
but when just I use

function lblFuncNumber(item:Object, colName:String, dec:Number):String
{
      return item[colName];
}

the numbers show up in the cell.