I think Metadata is what I'm looking for.
Thanks for the space bar tip, didn't know that, great feature : )

On 4/25/06, Tim Hoff <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
Hi,

If you click inside the dataGrid tag and press the space bar, you will
see a list of code hinting properties and events, that are available
to the control.  To dispatch an onclick event, you should have
something like click="dispatchEvent(event);" or click="runMyFunction
();" inside of the dataGrid tag.  "runMyFunction();" would be a
function that you created.  To listen for events, I'll refer you to
the help docs.  There a couple of ways to do it, so look for
addEventListeners, dispatchEvent and metaData.

Later,
Tim Hoff

--- In flexcoders@yahoogroups.com, Webdevotion <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I want to dispatch an onclick event from a datagrid inside
Providers.mxml (