I'm fairly new to Flex and really new to Cairngorm and am trying to break
Cg2 down and understand it (I'm not trying to understand Cg.99 and then
learn Cg2, I'm just jumping into 2.)  I have a quick question:

In the Cg2 sample CairngormLogin.mxml theres a Label in the "loggedIn"
VBox...

<mx:Label text="{ 'Logged in as ' + LoginVO( model.loginVO ).username + ' at
' + model.loginDate }" />

This seems to still work fine when changed to...

<mx:Label text="{ 'Logged in as ' + model.loginVO.username + ' at ' +
model.loginDate }" />

Is there some reason why the first form must be used over of the second
form?  If I were writing this code myself from scratch it would seem more
intuitive to bind directly to the model.loginVO.username.  Am I missing
something?

Thanks,
Darren