This is actually a setting at compile time in Flash, and not sure what it's
set to in mxmlc, but you could try:

http://www.kaourantin.net/2005/08/fixing-one-bug-at-time-in-flash-player.html

----- Original Message -----
From: "willchapm" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: <flexcoders@yahoogroups.com>
Sent: Friday, April 28, 2006 5:10 PM
Subject: [flexcoders] Flex 2.0 : mx:Image - How do I smooth it during/after
scaling?

Is there a simple way to set the smoothing on an mx:Image in Flex2?

I have an mx:Image on my canvas with the width set to 100%.  The
source is a png file.  When the canvas is scaled, the image is scaled
up or down, but it looks "jaggy".  I am only looking for a smooth
interpolatation here.

I looked for an attribute on the mx:Image to set the smoothing, but I
can only find it on the Bitmap class.

If it is only available on the Bitmap class, can I access my Image's
bitmap (data?) and set it there?

Thanks,
---Will