Hi Chris,
i've seen this error before because of a wrong namespace.
I'm not sure what the correct namepace is, doublecheck it with the docs.
Cheers,
Ralf.

On 4/29/06, Chris Velevitch <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
I'm using Flex 2 Beta 2 and I create an empty project and the default
created application contains the error:-

    Could not resolve <mx:Application> to a component implementation

for the line

     <mx:Application xmlns:mx="http://www.adobe.com/2006/mxml" >

Why is this error occurring?

Chris
--
Chris Velevitch
Manager - Sydney Flash Platform Developers Group