Sent: Monday, May 01, 2006 10:20 AM
Subject: [flexcoders] Flex2 :: 3rd party Components :: Adobe comments

Hi,

Adobe says they want a rich 3rd party componenty community.

I have one question;

Is Adobe going to give developers a road map of their framework ? Macromedia severly failed when trying to proliferate those quasi components named v2. Us developers spent 6 months figuring the rats nest out(in the end it didn't make any sense anyway).

Do we Flex2 component devs get a road map(whitepapers) of the framework or do we have to waste 6 months learning code alogrithms when the source for the flex2 framework comes out?

Peace, Mike

PS This comment stems from the fact Manish just pointed out the dropdownFactory of the ComboBox. Which is modular development at its best!  I mean, looking at the 10,000 pages of api docs I do see it listed but common! You have to have something that your internal devs use. (this could have saved me hours)

--
What goes up, does come down.

What goes up, does come down.