The Flex server is built on Java and I think that Flex was originally developed to integrate the most efficiently with Java.

That would be my choice.

--Kelly

From: flexcoders@yahoogroups.com [mailto:flexcoders@yahoogroups.com] On Behalf Of Clarke Bishop
Sent: Tuesday, May 02, 2006 8:30 AM
To: flexcoders@yahoogroups.com
Subject: [flexcoders] Server-Side Architecture for Flex App

I am in the process of choosing a server-side technology for a Flex App I'm building, and I'd like to get ideas from the experts on this list. Right now, my candidates are:

- ColdFusion

- Java

- PHP

- .Net

I'll probably use AMF rather than web services for transfering data back and forth to the server.

ColdFusion may always offer very tight integration with Flex and it offers high developer productivity, but there's also the cost of the server license. The others are free or cheap.

So, my questions are:

- Is there any compelling reason to pick one of these backends -- Especially considering Flex will be on the client-side?

- Is there another backend technology I should be considering?

Thanks,

    Clarke