Is this what you meant?

public function set thumbCount(number:Number):void{
      //ignore this...
}

...cause it doesn't compile..."Overriding function that is not marked
for override"

I guess the next thing could be to add a listener to the event and
change it back to "2" if the user changes it...

--- In flexcoders@yahoogroups.com, "Manish Jethani"