In Flex 2 / Flash Player 9 you'll use ActionScript 3, which has the
final keyword which can be applied at the class or method levels to stop
subclasses overriding/extending functionality.

-----Original Message-----
From: flexcoders@yahoogroups.com [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On
Behalf Of nz_mehere
Sent: Tuesday, May 02, 2006 5:27 PM
To: flexcoders@yahoogroups.com
Subject: [flexcoders] how do I prevent users from accessing my super
extened class?

Hi there,

I have writen a class that extends the "VSlider"

VSliders have the property of "thumbCount", which is how many little
arrows appear on the slider.

I want to prevent people from setting there own.

I thought I could hide it from them by overriding the "thumbCount"
property with a private one, but get an error "Overriding function that
is not masked for override".

The code is something like this:

private function set thumbCount(number:Number):void{
      super.thumbCount = number;
}

What am I missing?