--- In flexcoders@yahoogroups.com, Alin DICU <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I'm having problemes accessing clicked branches in trees. I tried many
> thing but I keep stumbling on undefined items.
>
> Here are piƩces of my code:

A number of pointers for accessing a clicked node on a tree:

Basically between beta 2 and 3 node changed to item.
In Beta 3 nodeOpen changed to itemOpen, the correct way to use is
itemOpen="myOpenCode(event)"

Then your code would look like
import mx.events.*;
function myOpenCode(event:TreeEvent):void {
  var mynode:Object = event.item;

itemOpen is fired when the tree node is opened, if the user just
clicked on the label text then the event fired is change, to use:
change="mychangeCode(event)"
function myChangeCode(event:Event):void {
    var mynode:Object = event.target.selectedItem;

Hope that helps

Andrew