I've been reading through the livedocs and still have very basic
questions regarding how the (binary) flash.net.Socket is used.

I think I'm getting confused b/w sending binary data over the socket
and sending binary (or text) data over a binary protocol.

For example, is it possible to send binary documents (e.g. pdfs and
jpegs) through this socket via the writeUTFBytes() method? If so, when
something binary is sent/received...how does it know what type it
is...i.e. jpeg/video stream.

Also, can I stream video through this socket if I have a non Flash
Media Server implementation managing everything? Got a lot to work out
so I appreciate any feedback.

Thanks in advance for any help.