well, sort of.

evens in flex 1.5 won't bubble up, which means you can't listen to it in Application level (as in flex2).

but you can still have some kind of singleton Broadcaster class to dispatch events and listen to it (from every view), the idea is all the same.

or, take a look at Cairngorm 0.99 and see how it handles events.