The frustrating thing? This type of functionality was available in
Beta1.5, but has since evaporated. Note their example of
implementing sortCompareFunction is EXACTLY what I'm wanting to do
in Beta2 and beyond.

--- In flexcoders@yahoogroups.com, "djbrown_rotonews"

http://livedocs.macromedia.com/labs/1/flex20beta3/wwhelp/wwhimpl/comm

<http://livedocs.macromedia.com/labs/1/flex20beta2/langref/mx/control