If I'm understanding this thread correctly, you have a component
MyView.mxml that renders some data, we'll call it "myData".  You want to
have multiple instances of MyView.mxml that render different instances
of myData - eg myData1, myData2, myData3, etc.

So I'm not sure why you can't manage:

}" />
}" />
}" />

Cairngorm as an architecture is not trying to address how you structure
your view - we're leaving the developer complete flexibility to
implement the view however they choose.  What you are citing as a
restriction, is one of the degrees of freedom we are offering.

I wouldn't be using ViewHelpers here at all, I'd be using the
ModelLocator at an application level, holding data that different views
(whether they're multiple instances of the same view, or different views
altogether) are able to bind to and display.

Steven

--
Steven Webster
Practice Director (Rich Internet Applications)