From: flexcoders@yahoogroups.com [mailto: flexcoders@yahoogroups.com] On Behalf Of jeremy lu
Sent: Monday, May 15, 2006 7:01 PM
To: flexcoders@yahoogroups.com
Subject: Re: [flexcoders] FB2B3 programmatically select an item in a ComboBox

glad that helped.

adding var itm:* = cboCountry.dataProvider.getItemAt(i)  might be a little bit efficient.

On 5/16/06, Steve Gustafson <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

That solved it!
The key is using the dataProvider.length instead of the ComboBox .length

I shortened the code block a little to:

for(var i:Number = 0; i < cboCountry.dataProvider.length ; i++)
{

    if (cboCountry.dataProvider.getItemAt(i).data == event.result.COUNTRY)
    {
        cboCountry.selectedIndex = i;
        break;

Thanks for the help!