The RichTextEditor does exactly that. <mx:RichTextEditor/> is available in Flex2. (Are you using Flex 1.5?)

Thanks,
Anant.

On 5/16/06, judah <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
Hi David,

In Flash you have the TextField in the toolbar. You drag that textfield to the stage and then you can highlight and select certain words and format them. You probably have about 20 different formatting options. In Flex there is no toolbar with a textfield control on it. You can add a text input, textarea or label component to the stage and double click on it and a simple single text field appears but there are no options to format the text.

So any formatting that I do I have to do I do by hand in the mxml source code inside a text tag or if I'm there is a lot of formatting I'll go into Dreamweaver, format it and then copy and paste it into the mxml Text tag. But I heard that they are going to improve the inline text tool. I just want to know where they are at and what to expect.

Judah

David Harris wrote:
Hi,

there is a <mx:RichTextEditor>