Josh,

I had the same trouble and had also posted on here about it looking
for answer.  I was able to get a reply from an Adobe person via the
Adobe/Macromedia forums -

   set the historyManagementEnabled attribute = false for the tab,
   accordion, etc.  This is a bug with the current beta version but
   this setting provides a work around (bug information was submitted
   by the person who responded to me)

good luck

Ethan

--- In flexcoders@yahoogroups.com, Josh Buhler <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Yeah, I tried that, but it didn't make a difference. The weird
thing
> was that the error only happened when running the swf within an
HTML
> page. If I ran the swf by itself, either in the browser or stand-
> alone player, it worked fine.
>
> - Josh
>

> On May 22, 2006, at 11:47 AM, Tim Hoff wrote:
>
> > Are you sure that setting creationPolicy="all" on the Accordion's
> > container doesn't remove the null error?
> >
> > -TH
> >
> > --- In flexcoders@yahoogroups.com, Josh Buhler <flexcoder@> wrote:
> > >
> > > Just wondering if anyone here has found a workaround to the
issue
> > > that's described in this thread from the labs forums:
> > >
> > > http://www.adobe.com/cfusion/webforums/forum/messageview.cfm?
> > > catid=584&threadid=1153391&enterthread=y
> > >
> > > Essentially, if I create an app with two states, and place an
> > > Accordion or TabNavigator on the second state, when I try to
> > activate
> > > a new tab or view one of the other panes in the Accordion, the
> > Debug
> > > player will throw the following error:
> > >
> > > TypeError: Error #1009: Cannot access a property or method of a
> > null
> > > object reference.
> > > at mx.managers::HistoryManager$/save()
> > > at mx.containers::ViewStack/::hideEffectEndHandler()
> > > at mx.containers::ViewStack/::commitSelectedIndex()
> > > at
> > mx.containers::ViewStack/mx.containers:ViewStack::commitProperties
()
> > > at mx.containers::TabNavigator/
> > > mx.containers:TabNavigator::commitProperties()
> > > at mx.core::UIComponent/validateProperties()
> > > at mx.managers::LayoutManager/::validateProperties()
> > > at mx.managers::LayoutManager/::doPhasedInstantiation()
> > > at mx.core::UIComponent/::callLaterDispatcher2()
> > > at mx.core::UIComponent/::callLaterDispatcher()
> > >

> > --
> > 40yahoogroups.com

> > Web site design development      Computer software development
      Software
> > design and development
> > Macromedia flex      Software development best practice
> >
> > YAHOO! GROUPS LINKS
> >
> >  Visit your group "flexcoders" on the web.
> >
> >  To unsubscribe from this group, send an email to:
> >  [EMAIL PROTECTED]
> >
> >  Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to the Yahoo! Terms of
Service.