Title: 1.5 migration: How are you handling the loss of undefined and null states for vars?

This has definitely become my biggest issue.  I have been depending on checking for uninitialized variables containing undefined or null, but in 2.o this is no longer possible.

I can see coming up with some values that are very unlikely to be duplicated as initial values for string and numbers, but boolean variables are a bigger problem.

I guess  will have to create a flag variable for each boolean and set its value when the main variable is first modified, then check it to determine the intialize status when needed.

Does anyone have any clever approaches to this?

Tracy