how about this ? (adding a slash)

<mx:Script source="/Assets/Models/touchPlans.as"/>

On 5/23/06, Ethan Miller <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
Greetings -

Per the Flex documentation, I'm trying to include an external AS
file, as follows:

<mx:Script source="Assets/Models/touchPlans.as"/>

The file "touchPlans.as" exists in the specified location, however
when compiling, I get this error:

Unable to open included file:
C:\Proto\Assets\Components\Assets\Models\touchPlans.as.

Here's the AS file in question:

// ActionScript file

[Bindable]
public var touchPlanDP:Array = [
        {Thumb:'Assets/Images/cardPlan.png',
        Name:'Welcome Card'},

        {Thumb:'Assets/Images/eCardPlan.png',
        Name:'E-Card'},

        {Thumb:'Assets/Images/multiCardPlan.png',
        Name:'Multi-Card'},
];

I've also tried to using Models as a straight XML file as the source
and received a "Model Can't be Used for Array Collection" error.

Basically, I'm just trying to get all of my data providers, etc out
of my mxml (while the services are being written) and with little
luck so far. Is there a way to make a dataProvider be a custom
component?

cheers, ethan

http://us.click.yahoo.com/97bhrC/LGxNAA/yQLSAA/nhFolB/TM