Thanks Rotislav and Manish.

> Maybe crossdomain Policy File will help?

I tried putting the crossdomain.xml file in the same directory as my .swf
file and .html file, but I still get the same security errors.

> Running the page off a web server should work without any problems.

This is for a Flex app that would be opened from a HTML page on a CD, rather
than on a webserver. At the moment I can't seem to see how the Flex code can
call into _javascript_ in the container page in this situation.

> The original folder is granted some special permissions during Flex
Builder installation.

I tested this too. Even if I move the page to another folder within the
default workspace, the security error is trigerred, so it is bound to
exactly the location it was compiled into.

Cheers, Tim