There is a known issue with the production-mode setting in flex-config.xml for 1.5

Basically it set's all the values correctly except for 'show-all-warnings'

There are 2 workaround options.

1. set  <production-mode>false</production-mode>

   set all debugging settings to false.  (sounds like you already did this)

   set <file-watcher-interval>31556926</file-watcher-interval>  (~1 year)

2. precompile your application so you deploy just swf files and the compiler is not involved

-peter