If you want a button for one column of a DataGrid, you can do something like

To use just the default drop-in button:

<mx:DataGridColumn itemRenderer=”mx.controls.Button”  …

Or, you can create a custom component that subclasses the Button class so that you can define what type of events happen when you click the button. (This is probably more likely). So, you would then have something like:

<mx:DataGridColumn itemRenderer=”MyButton” …

where MyButton.as looks something like –

public class MyButton extends Button

{

 …

}