Hi John,

The company I work for are interested in methods we can use to communicate to the parent document. (ie HTML document where the PDF is embedded).

Could you elaborate on how it is currently possible to Invoke flash player from Adobe Reader? Is this done via _javascript_ in the pdf document as well as the browser?

Are there examples of this in the Acrobat SDK? or in any public facing documents?

Cheers
Gareth.

John Dowdell wrote:
vvasireddyflex wrote:

I am wondering is Flash player is PDF aware like browser?

No, not really... the Adobe Flash Player is popular because it is small,
and import filters add to filesize. There is not even basic PDF reading
in Flash Player, much less full PDF reading.

I know of a few ways to merge these technologies today:
--  Print the PDF to FlashPaper and display in Flash Player.
--  Invoke Flash Player from Adobe Reader (works with ActiveX, and I'm
not sure at the moment of Netscape Plugins).
--  Have the two extensions side-by-side in the browser (subject to
browser intercommunication abilities, Flex-Ajax Bridge-ishly).

jd