I thought that the AsyncToken was always supposed to be available in
the ResultEvent?

After a call to createItem (on a DataService), the token data I set is
not in the token property of the event when the ResultEvent function
executes.  The result is an AcknowledgeMessage.

But in the debug environment, I do see a dynamic object called
__token_chain__ below the outermost token.  Beneath it is a UID, and
below that is the token I'm looking for - the one which contains the
true result of my original call, in addition to the other properties set.

Does anyone know how to gain access to the original token, or if there
is a problem with not getting all the events here?

Thanks!