I don't think its particularly hard to convince internal management
to consider Flex as a viable RIA/Enterprise solution.

The main problem/resistance we are finding is from our
clients/customers opposing I.T architects who either get upset if we
suggest Flex as a solution, or say they never heard of Flex and want
an "Ajax" solution instead.

I think its partly Flash's "animation" legacy + ignorance/lack of
awareness of Flex and the Flash Platform.

So I wonder if maybe the "Flash Platform" needs a reboot/rebranding
e.g. a new runtime without legacy code (but obviously Flash Player 9
will still be around for legacy stuff) and a new name :). I mean
Microsoft are essentially doing this through WPF/E.

Also I think for the Flash Platform to be a true platform, it really
needs a platform XML dialect for UIs - which is what XAML is for WPF
and WPF/E. Would be great to able to export content created in Flash
Authoring in some form of XML UI dialect and use it in the Flex
Framework, Apollo, Flashlite etc.

Just my 2c, have really enjoyed learning Flex 2, guys (Java and .NET
developers) at work were impressed, but definitely agree that Ajax is
getting alot of hype and it seems to be working e.g. our customers
are talking about Ajax but not about Flex or Flash.

I hope when Flex 2 goes live, there's a big marketing campaign + lots
of real world stories of Flex being used in RIAs, Web 2.0 Apps and
Internal Enterprise Applications so that our customers can see its a
viable option.

--- In flexcoders@yahoogroups.com, "jwc_wensan" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>