We thought about exposing the returned ID (ID that gets created for AUTOINCREMENT keys) in the CFQUERY RESULT, a new attribute available as part of CFMX 7.x.  But, the process to get this is not always supported by the backend DBs so we backed off this feature for now.  You’ll need to code this yourself in the release that you currently have by using a SELECT statement with a WHERE clause whose criteria is identical to the values that you used in the INSERT statement.  For the final release this code is already gen’d by the wizard.

From: flexcoders@yahoogroups.com [mailto:flexcoders@yahoogroups.com] On Behalf Of g8torjoe
Sent: Thursday, May 25, 2006 3:17 PM
To: flexcoders@yahoogroups.com
Subject: [flexcoders] Question on CF components created by the Flex Wizard

I am having a little trouble following the flow of the CF components
created by the wizard in Flex. I am using the save function of the
gateway component and writing to the database successfully. When I
create a new record I am wondering if the ID (or key - mine is ID)
should be returned. I see in the component that is searches for the ID
after I add it but when I debug my Flex app in the result event
handler I am not finding that data. Am I making an assumption here?
Thanks!