Hi everyone,

I am having a lot of trouble with this seemingly simple problem.  I have declared a variable 'xml_result' of type XMLDocument.  I would like to set 'ignoreWhite' to true, but I always get an error.  Here is a snippet of my code...

  <mx:Script>
    <![CDATA[
      import flash.xml.XMLDocument;

      public var xml_result:XMLDocument = new XMLDocument();

      xml_result.ignoreWhite = true;  // ALWAYS ERROR ON THIS LINE
    ]]>
  </mx:Script>

That's it!  But I constantly get an error with the message "Access of undefined property xml_result", and I can't figure it out!

Thanks in advance

Charles