Nevermind, I figured it out.  I can build a request header object of
type URLRequestHeader.  Then I can use requestHeaders.push
(header_variable) to add the header to the request.

i.e.

var request:URLRequest = new URLRequest("http://somewhere.com");
var header_variable:URLRequestHeader = new URLRequestHeader("content-
type", "text/xml");

request.requestHeaders.push(header_variable);

Done!

--- In flexcoders@yahoogroups.com, "charles.bihis" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>