Hello Antoine,

  I am also looking forward to copy this functionality in Flex 1.5 based
application.

To your knowledge, all drag and drop operations are controlled in
Flex 1.5 by DragManager class.
  http://livedocs.macromedia.com/flex/15/flex_docs_en/00000615.htm

  But! Although this help page says: All Flex components support the
drag-and-drop operation, I am currently not able to make DragManager work with
<mx:Image> component.

  What you can look alternatively at is a technique suggested by Peter
Elst in 2005 and described in details here:
  http://weblogs.macromedia.com/pent/archives/2005/07/more_flex_and_f.cfm#comments

  This technique works for me, although I would not mind to learn a
smoother solution with the usage of DragManager.

--
Best regards,
Andriy                            mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]