The RIA book has a lot of help in this. Here's a code example I use to
change a Button's fontSize at runtime. You can adjust accordingly.

mx.styles.StyleManager.styles.Button.setStyle("fontSize", "9");

One note, doing style changes on the fly in 1.5 is very expensive. I
had an app where I change the entire layout with a button click and it
took approx. 10 seconds.

--- In flexcoders@yahoogroups.com, "naveen kumar" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Thanks for reply
>
>   css is a static solution ,what  i need is  to change it in runtime
using
> ActionScript
>

> >From: Tom Chiverton <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
> >To: flexcoders@yahoogroups.com
> >Subject: Re: [flexcoders] FLEX 1.5 TabNavigator issue
> >Date: Thu, 1 Jun 2006 11:52:11 +0100
> >
> >On Thursday 01 June 2006 11:40, naveen kumar wrote:
> > > Hi
> > >
> > >    Trying form a long time , if knows pls help me,
> > >
> > >     How to change the tab font color in the TabNavigator
Container in
> > > FLEX1.5
> >
> >http://weblogs.macromedia.com/mc/archives/FlexStyleExplorer.html
any help ?

> >I imagine you just need a style sheet linked in with something like
> >TabNavigator {
> >    font-family: times
> >    }
> >in it.
> >--
> >Tom Chiverton
> >
> >****************************************************
> >
> >This email is sent for and on behalf of Halliwells LLP.
> >
> >Halliwells LLP is a limited liability partnership registered in
England and
> >Wales under registered number OC307980 whose registered office
address is
> >at St James's Court Brown Street Manchester M2 2JF.  A list of
members is
> >available for inspection at the registered office. Any reference to a
> >partner in relation to Halliwells LLP means a member of Halliwells
LLP.
> >Regulated by the Law Society.
> >
> >CONFIDENTIALITY
> >
> >This email is intended only for the use of the addressee named
above and
> >may be confidential or legally privileged.  If you are not the
addressee
> >you must not read it and must not use any information contained in
nor copy
> >it nor inform any person other than Halliwells LLP or the addressee
of its
> >existence or contents.  If you have received this email in error
please
> >delete it and notify Halliwells LLP IT Department on 0870 365 8008.
> >
> >For more information about Halliwells LLP visit www.halliwells.com.
> >
> >We are pleased to announce that Halliwells LLP has been voted AIM
Lawyer of