Unfortunately, when a Flash player application has focus in IE, you
can not trap and disable the F5 keyboard event before the browser
window is refreshed.  Flex applications do have the abitity to trap
keyboard events.  However, if the event's key, or key combination,
is recognized by the browser, the browser will react to the event
before the Flash player application is notified.  To my knowledge,
many people have addressed this exact same issue, with no solution.
There are some javacript functions available that solve this problem
at the browser level, but fail when the Flash Player's ActiveX
control has focus.

Sorry for the bad news,
Tim Hoff