Thanks gentlemen for your input,

I've been really busy chasing fires in other parts of the project.
Haven't had time to test out some of the ideas yet.  Will post the
results back when I do get a chance.

Cheers,

Tim

--- In flexcoders@yahoogroups.com, "Stanislav Zayarsky" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
wrote:

> What if you will remove singletons from you code? I don't think that
you can
> get clear solution to this problem with Cairngorm design, just some
> workarounds.
>
> Best regards
> Stanisla
>

> On 5/27/06, Xavi Beumala <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> >
> >  Maybe the new LoaderContext (similar to classLoader in Java) can
help you
> > on this.
> >
> > Best
> > X.
> >

> > On 5/27/06, Darren Houle < [EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> > >
> > > If that was the case then you'd have to worry about singletons and
> > > object
> > > names every time you used a SWFLoader to load any other SWF.
Any SWF
> > > you
> > > load might have coincidentally used a duplicate variable, class, or
> > > package
> > > name.  I'm not 100% sure, but I believe that SWFs loaded into
other SWFs
> > > by
> > > default are "scoped" separately and self contained and you do
not have
> > > worry about the singleton classes or var names.  If that wasn't
the case
> > > then it would be incredibly simple to communicate between the
mast SWF
> > > and
> > > the loaded SWF.  It would be an easy enough experiment... just
create a
> > > page
> > > that loaded the same Flex app twice on the page, right next to each
> > > other,
> > > and see if they continue to work properly.  Then try it again with a
> > > simple
> > > app that, say, displayed a label and then SWFloaded a copy of
> > > itself.  See
> > > if that collides.
> > >
> > > Darren

> > > --
> > >

> > --

> >   Web site design
development<http://groups.yahoo.com/gads?t=ms&k=Web+site+design+development&w1=Web+site+design+development&w2=Computer+software+development&w3=Software+design+and+development&w4=Macromedia+flex&w5=Software+development+best+practice&c=5&s=166&.sig=L-4QTvxB_quFDtMyhrQaHQ>
Computer
> > software
development<http://groups.yahoo.com/gads?t=ms&k=Computer+software+development&w1=Web+site+design+development&w2=Computer+software+development&w3=Software+design+and+development&w4=Macromedia+flex&w5=Software+development+best+practice&c=5&s=166&.sig=lvQjSRfQDfWudJSe1lLjHw>
Software
> > design and
development<http://groups.yahoo.com/gads?t=ms&k=Software+design+and+development&w1=Web+site+design+development&w2=Computer+software+development&w3=Software+design+and+development&w4=Macromedia+flex&w5=Software+development+best+practice&c=5&s=166&.sig=1pMBCdo3DsJbuU9AEmO1oQ>
 Macromedia

Software
practice<http://groups.yahoo.com/gads?t=ms&k=Software+development+best+practice&w1=Web+site+design+development&w2=Computer+software+development&w3=Software+design+and+development&w4=Macromedia+flex&w5=Software+development+best+practice&c=5&s=166&.sig=f89quyyulIDsnABLD6IXIw>
> >    on the web.
> >

> >   To unsubscribe from this group, send an email to:

[EMAIL PROTECTED]<[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

Service<http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/>

http://us.click.yahoo.com/_7bhrC/NGxNAA/yQLSAA/nhFolB/TM