Thanks Phil

I have further questions if you don't mind:

So I get from your "restaurant" link below that I have to use the
RemoteObject within Flex, but it says that these are used to reference
Java objects in the Java application server. But what I need is to
reference a php service in an XAMPP Apache server on the same labtop as
my Java application with Flex 1.5.

So I take it that the info in the "otherplatforms" link will do this if
I specify the gateway in the RemoteObject tab and the php service in the
source?

So how would I for example define a fully qualified source under my
XAMPP apache server for instance? and am I restricted to the amount of
args I reference?

This example also says that the protocol is http, do I not want to
output in AMF to be quicker?

Thanks for your patience

Duncan

http://us.click.yahoo.com/.7bhrC/MGxNAA/yQLSAA/nhFolB/TM