don't forget event in Flex2 *bubbles*.

you can listen to click event on image inside the item renderer and manually dispatch a "ImageClick" event then it will eventually bubble up to the container DataGrid.

this way your outer application just have to handle this event from DataGrid then display detailed information in other controls.

Jeremy.